The Global Health Network Conference 2022: Enabling Health Research in Every Healthcare Setting
10 Years of addressing inequity in where research happens, who leads & who benefits.
University of Cape Town, South Africa
24 – 25 November 2022
To tackle disease we need evidence to be generated through every type of health research study. This conference aims to bring together health research teams, organisations, health-workers, policy makers and practitioners to explore together how health research can be embedded into every healthcare setting.
The Global Health Network is also celebrating 10 years of mobilising research skills, know-how and methods to foster capable teams that generate new treatment strategies and prevention mechanisms that reduce the burden of disease within communities.
This is an opportunity to discover and share excellence in health research across disease areas, geographies and types of research and generate outputs that can be taken up and used by others.
Provisional Scientific Program
- Enabling research in every healthcare setting to tackle local priorities and embed lasting research capabilities.
- Pandemic preparedness through capacity development, knowledge sharing and stronger networks
- Generating evidence from existing data and applying data science through data sharing and novel analytical approaches.
- Engaging the community and building public trust in health research.
- Developing research leadership, fostering team science and delivering evidence through equitable partnerships and networks.
- Improving research processes and outputs by using digital technology, applying novel research methods and knowledge mobilisation.
- Taking research findings into policy and practice through implementation, discoverability and connecting health research with public health.
The Global Health Network Conference 2022 Scholarship Award will support attendance for junior researchers and colleagues from low resource settings.