PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE
What’s in these terms?
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data We collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
Who we are and how to contact us
covid19crc.org is a website operated by the COVID-19 Clinical Research Coalition.
To contact us, please email email@example.com
By using any of our site you accept these terms
By using our site, you confirm that you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
What information we collect and process about you
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- Information you give us: by filling in forms on our sites or corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use accounts, participate in discussion boards, or other social media functions on our sites, make a donation, subscribe to newsletters, apply for jobs, and when you report a problem with our sites. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description and photograph, information relating to your work experience, and job application details.
- Information we collect about you: we automatically collect the following information from your visits to our sites:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or mobile device to the Internet, online identifiers, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through, and from our sites (including date and time).
We may also collect information relating to page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call us.
What We do with your personal information
We use information held about you to:
- carry out any obligations from any contracts entered into between you and us and provide you with information and services that you request from us;
- provide access to such services and interactive features on our sites that you have subscribed to and to notify you of any changes;
- administer our sites and for internal analytical and technical purposes, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes;
- contact you via email;
- improve our sites and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- use efforts to keep our sites safe and secure.
We are working closely with third parties (including for example, suppliers of technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search engine providers). We will only solicit and use information that We receive about you from third parties for the purposes listed above.
How We share your personal information
You agree that We have the right to share your personal information with:
- any affiliated entities on a world-wide basis to the extent that they need to have access to your personal data for the purposes set out in the above section;
- suppliers and service providers to the extent necessary to maintain and support our sites for the performance of any contract We enter into with you or them;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site;
- providers of customer relationship management, e-mail distribution, and fundraising services; and
The personal information We share with suppliers, analytics and search engine providers and other services providers shall be subject to their privacy policies.
How and where We store your personal data
The data that We collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of Switzerland and the European Economic Area (”EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside of Switzerland and the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, the processing of any payment details and the provision of support services.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions are processed by third parties who process payments using accepted security standards. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We are committed to ensuring a high level of data protection, unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We have put in place appropriate technical and organizational measures in order to prevent unauthorized access and to ensure a sufficiently high level of security in relation to the inherent risk involved in data processing, to meet regulatory demands and to protect your rights and your data from the moment your data is collected.
We will only store the data that We hold about you for as long as necessary for the purpose you provided it for. We usually retain data for no more than five years unless We need to retain it for longer to comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing, or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with applicable laws.
Links to other sites
Our sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have the right to ask for the access to, amendment, or deletion of your personal information at any time. You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for communications or fundraising purposes. You can enforce your rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you feel that We have not appropriately handled the matter, you also have the right to refer the matter to the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) of Switzerland.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?